- Physicists at Leipzig University have created a neural network that uses active colloidal particles for artificial intelligence.
- The neural network belongs to the field of physical reservoir computing, which uses the dynamics of physical processes for calculations.
- The researchers developed tiny units made of plastic and gold nanoparticles that can process information and make up the reservoir.
- The system needs to be trained to perform specific calculations.
- The researchers found that using past states of the reservoir can improve computer performance and reduce the impact of noise.
- This method can optimize reservoir computation by reducing noise.
- The study was published in Nature Communications.